Thursday 26 March 2015

Grandparents' Day


My Poppa's name is Ash and the biggest accomplishment in his life was having four awesome children and so far, four very special grandchildren. My Poppa was also a primary school teacher for forty-five years, and shaped the lives of thousands of children.

My Poppa's biggest adversity was facing a battle against cancer. He overcame this with surgery and treatment and went on to live a full and happy life. The main thing Poppa learned from this was to live life to the fullest.

The biggest thing that Poppa wants for his grandchildren is to study hard, aim high, be a good person and live life to the fullest.

I learnt that times are different to when my Poppa was young and I have a lot more opportunities available to me and I need to make the most of these opportunities.   

I think that my Poppa is very special to me because he has taught me lots and has supported me through my life.

My Poppa lives in the South Island and couldn't be at Grandparent's day so my aunty came instead of Poppa.

Displaying 20150327_093636.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment